Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Lunar Mosaic


Here is the first image from our new house - a five and a half day old moon. It was more as a test session for finding a good location in the garden for the (soon to be built) observatory, but it came out rather well so I thought I'd post it up!

Details: Taken at prime focus through my Skywatcher ED80 using a ToUCam Pro. It's a mosaic of 4 overlapping images processed in a combination of Registax and PixInsightLE.

I'm not 100% happy with the contrast of the result, but I've never been quite able to reproduce the tonal quality of the Moon as seen visually - mostly due to the dynamic range of the subject. It would be nice to get close though! Still it is far better than my last attempt of a 5 day moon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi liked your pic i was struck straight away how simiular your saturn looked to mine god im recognizing peoples scopes from their pictures now LOL i come from the UK and would like to corespond with you i use a Meade 16" starfinder dobsonian and a Meade 7" Maksutov could we share pics and knowledge if your interested my email address is n.k.ryan@btinternet.com many thanks Neil

10:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home